- Code of Ethics
- Foundation of ethical guidelines
- A: Professional responsibility
- B: Confidentiality
- C: Disclosures to Clients
- D: Consulting astrology
- E: Research
- F: Publication
- G: Financial astrology
- H: Business astrology
- I: Horary and electional astrology
- J: Structure ethics committee
- K: Esolving ethical questions
- All Pages
FOUNDATION OF ETHICAL GUIDELINES
These guidelines are based on eight important principles that apply to all branches and practices in the astrological profession.
1. Never bring harm to a client. This is the prime directive that supersedes all other ethics: do no harm. Astrologers act at all times in the client's best interest.
2. Support with sensitivity and respect all those who seek astrological perspective or counsel. Recognize and encourage their autonomy and support them in making their own decisions.
3. Never needlessly frighten a client with extreme predictions, nor create false hopes in a client, and always affirm that every astrological configuration can manifest in a variety of ways.
4. Maintain strict confidentiality regarding all information given in private except in situations where silence would be grievously harmful to a client or to another person.
5. Maintain appropriate and clear boundaries with clients regarding one's own personal needs and goals, whether they are sexual, financial or emotional.
6. Maintain and constantly improve one's astrological skills, practice only within the boundaries of one's expertise, and refer clients elsewhere when appropriate.
7. Familiarize oneself with those parts of the ISAR Ethics Standards and Guidelines which apply to one's branch of astrology; resolve to remain true to the spirit of the principles, and agree to cooperate respectfully with the ISAR Ethics Committee if named in any complaint.
8. Enhance astrology's image by always acting professionally when representing astrology and behaving in a manner that does not damage the status of the profession.